Visual development in assembler for the PICmicro® MCU
Fastest route from concept to application in PIC assembler !
Complete environment (Edit, Assemble, Simulate)
Supports 14/16 bit core PIC’s in the range 12F, 16C, 16F, 18Fxxxx
Excellent value for money (from $64, £35.00)
WIZ-ASM now at Version 12
What is WIZASM ?
WIZASM is a complete RAD assembler environment offering Drag and Drop component selection. Point and Click pin connections and direct parameter selection by drop down lists, checkboxes and validated data entry.
The professional version of WIZ-ASM offers the following enhancements allowing the user to:
- Manage and simulate multiple projects together
- Connect PIC pins across projects to allow simulated devices to communicate
- Maintain a history within simulation to back track and determine the past leading up to an event
- Run a waveform / pattern generator to create complex input stimuli
More details here
How is it used ?
You start by creating a new application. Then select the PICmicro® MCU type and clock frequency from drop down boxes. A picture of the MCU and its pins will be drawn in the application designer.
Drag and drop software components on to the graphic of the MCU. For example if you want an asynchronous serial interface, then just select the icon from the data tab and drop it on to the MCU graphic.
Now when each component is selected it can be connected to the MCU pins by clicking the picture of the component pin and then clicking the pin - they will be joined. Pins can be user named as well to make the code easier to understand. Some components can only be connected to certain pins - they will connect themselves automatically.
Each component has a list of parameters. In the case of our serial element this includes the bit rate. The bit rate is selected from a drop down list, now when the application is generated it will automatically configure the serial element for this bit rate regardless of theMCU type used or oscillator frequency.
Each component has a list of occurrences which may happen. For example a keypad software component has an occurrence when a key is pressed (or repeats). Within WIZASM you can simply add a list of one or more labels to that occurrence. Now whenever the keypad detects a key press the application designer will ensure that each label is called in turn to handle the keypress.
- Rapid Application Development for the PICmicro® MCU microcontroller
- Drag and drop your software component selections on to your design
- Included components support timers, serial interfaces, I2C, LCD, 7 Seg displays, keypads, switches, port controls, many bus interfaces, and more.
- Connect software components to MCU pins by point & click using the mouse
- Set parameters for each component from drop down list boxes, check boxes, or text entry
- Links your code automatically into library events (e.g. Button Pressed, Byte Received etc.)
- Automatically generates your base application including full initialisation, interrupt handling and main program loop
- The complete environment offers total editing/assembly/simulation support in one program
- Blazingly fast - simulates up to 10 times faster than other Windows based simulators for the PICmicro® MCU
- Includes Waveform Analyser - examine your simulation results on a logic analyser style window
- Also includes the Element Editor to enable you to create your own components with ease.
- WIZASM supports all 14 bit core PICmicro® MCU devices -PIC12C67X, PIC16C55X, PIC16C6X, PIC16C7X, PIC16C8X, PIC16C87X etc.
- WIZASM version 2 supports 16 bit core PIC18CXXX devices plus PIC18FXXX
- Professional Version available with additional simulation features
Click the product name below to go to our online catalogue system, or click Here for other ordering options
.WIZASM CD £35 ($66)
WIZASM Professional CD - £45 ($85)
Full support is available for WIZ-ASM please see contracted support
Email us for further Questions